Hottest 10 Social Media Stars
How many times have you been an unwilling audience to someone attempting a selfie in the pouring rain? there are social media influencers in every corner of the earth. Chances are, your next door neighbor's daughter is an 'Instagram model' (but you already knew that) and you're pondering if you should start a Tiktok page to bust out some dance moves - who knows, you may go viral, right?!
Jokes aside, there are a few (yes, a few) individuals and groups alike who have been able to break the social media algorithms or as some may say 'won the hearts' of audiences around the globe. Whether you subscribe to the former or latter school of thought, one thing is for certain - they have garnered billions of followers and views, which has made an entire marketing industry spin in a new direction.
BREAKTHROUGH Xclusive has recently released their market analysis report of the hottest 10 social medial celebrity influencers as of Summer 2020 (based on the top 3 social media channels - Youtube, Tiktok and Instagram). These stars have not just indulged in the popularity of their ground breaking content but has helped many world leading brands to reach billions of customers around the world.
1. Pewdiepie ( over 126.8 million following )Youtube's reigning king with over 25,819,973,099 views and one of the biggest social media stars on the planet is Pewdiepie a.k.a Felix Kjellberg.
He registered his YouTube channel in 2010 and by 2016 Time magazine named him one of the world's 100 most influential people. PewDiePie's channel appeals strongly to a group of viewers which Google refers to as "Generation C" for their habits of "creation, curation, connection and community". Kjellberg shared a screenshot of data provided by YouTube regarding his channel statistics, which suggested his largest demographic was among the 18–24 age group, followed by the 25–34 age group. Forbes magazine estimated his earnings on YouTube to be $13Million in 2019 alone.
Fun fact: He was featured on the hit animated sitcom 'Southpark'
2. Charli D'Amelio ( over 115.7 million following )Synonymous with the pp Tiktok is this 16 year old superstar, She has achieved celebrity status is less than 18months, boasting a following of over 80 million on the video sharing app alone. In February 2020, she appeared in a Super Bowl commercial for Sabra Hummus along with other celebrities. She was invited as a front-row guest to Prada's Milan Fashion Week show in February 2020. In March 2020, she and her sister partnered with UNICEF for an anti-bullying campaign. She became the face of Hollister's "Jean Lab" campaign alongside her sister in July 2020, also creating a TikTok dance to promote the campaign.
Forbes published a report in August 2020 revealing D'Amelio earned $4 million in the last year from her numerous sponsorship deals and merchandise, making her the second highest-earning TikTok personality.
Fun Fact: She loves Donuts and is not shy (at all) about how often she makes iced coffee runs.
Check this out: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSfQMwVR/
3. Addison Rae ( over 86.9 million following )Addison Rae is an American social media personality and dancer. As of August 2020, she has amassed over 57 million followers on TikTok, ranking as the second most-followed individual on the platform. In August 2020, she was named as the highest-earning TikTok personality by Forbes clocking in over $5 Million.
She recently partnered with American Eagle on the brand's back-to-school campaign and released a weekly podcast exclusive to Spotify with her mother called “Mama Knows Best.” Her TikTok success has led her to work with many more companies such as Reebok, L'Oréal and Hollister.
Fun Fact: She is close friends with Kourtney Kardashian.
Check this out: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSfQBukg/
4. Zach King ( over 79.4 million following )Zach King is a household name, he went Viral even before the word was used in a social media sense. King is most known for his "magic vines", which are six-second videos digitally edited to look as if he is doing magic. Zach also posted the most viewed TikTok on December 9, 2019. The video was of him riding a broomstick, where he later shows he was actually using a mirror. The caption of the video was "They rejected my application to Hogwarts but I still found a way to be a wizard." Zach has created content for companies such as Walt Disney Pictures, Hasbro, Nike, Coca-Cola and many more. In February 2020, he appeared in a Super Bowl commercial for Sabra Hummus along with other celebrities.
Fun Fact: He was the voice of muzzled wolf in the animated movie Zootopia.
Check this Out: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSfQxCYC/
5. Loren Gray ( over 75 million following )Loren Gray is an American singer and social media personality, She has over 46.5 million TikTok followers. Gray signed a record deal with Virgin Records, her third single, "Queen", an empowering anthem produced by herself was released in December 2018. The video for the song, released the following month, received more than 12 million views as of January 2020, Gray earned $2.4 million in 2019 from her numerous sponsorship deals and merchandise, making her the fourth highest-earning TikTok star.
Her large fanbase of the app has landed sponsored content deals with Skechers, Hyundai, Burger King and Revlon creating content for the company’s TikTok account and Revlon-sponsored posts.
Fun Fact: She can say the ABCs backwards.
Check this out: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSfQXY5V/
6. Dude Perfect ( over 74.6 million following )Multiple Guinness Awards Record Holders, Dude Perfect, is a group of five friends who have become one of the highest-paid YouTubers on the planet. The 30-somethings, who play sports, perform stunts and break Guinness World Records earned $20 million in 2019 as mentioned on Forbes.com. The channel is the second most-subscribed sports channel on YouTube. In their 2016 video, “World Record Edition,” the group broke the world records for longest basketball shot, highest basketball shot, longest blindfolded basketball shot, and longest sitting basketball shot.
Fun Fact: Dude Perfect's trick shots are so amazing that Good Morning America had experts look at some of the videos to see if any CGI was used but the experts came up with nothing.
7. MrBeast ( over 71.2 million following )Jimmy Donaldson more commonly known by his online alias MrBeast, is an American YouTuber notable for his expensive stunts, gaming and philanthropy. He has been credited with pioneering a genre of YouTube videos that center on expensive stunts. He is also the co-creator of Team Trees, a fundraiser for the Arbor Day Foundation, which has raised over $22 million.
His attention-grabbing stunts and wildly popular donation videos have catapulted him into premiere YouTube status. In addition to having over 10 million views per video, in total MrBeast has had more than 1.5 billion views. Different from other influencers in this space, MrBeast is not a typical gamer; his content is active, experimental and unforgettable. His fan base is growing daily, making him a fantastic partner for growing brands he currently partners with Honey, TikTok, socialpoint, EA and PUBG. Pushing boundaries and creating one-of-a-kind content through viral challenges and crazy stunts, MrBeast is capturing hearts and will pump new blood into any brand!
Fun Fact: It took Mr Beast 5 years to go viral on YouTube.
8. Liza Koshy ( over 68 million following )Liza Koshy is an American actress, television host, comedian and YouTuber. Her YouTube channel has more than 2.3 billion views. She has received four Streamy Awards, four Teen Choice Awards, and a Kids' Choice Award. She was included in the 2019 Forbes 30 Under 30 Hollywood & Entertainment list and the Time 2019 list of the 25 Most Influential People on the Internet.
In November 2016 Koshy interviewed President Barack Obama on her YouTube channel to encourage voter registration. Koshy's videos feature "her loud facial expressions, quick pace, and her commitment to looking as ridiculous as possible as the joke demands. Some of her videos take serious issues – like anxiety, the pressure to fit in, and internet trolls – and make them accessible and engaging for her viewers.
Fun Fact: Koshy is Indian and Caucasian and sometimes refers to herself as “milk chocolate”
9. Brent Rivera ( over 66.4 million following )Brent Rivera is a wildly successful creator with over a total viewing of 2.4 Billion on YouTube and 989 million likes on Tiktok. He is the co-founder and CEO of Amp Studios, a talent incubator and content group.They have a roster of creators to promote partners, such as Coca-Cola, Disney and Chipotle. The creators have a combined following of 115 million. But the most impressive stat is that they generate 1 billion views a month. He has been in the social media business for almost ten years, his goal is to become the next Disney and develop clean content. Rivera has grown his following every year and his net worth is estimated to be around $6.5 Million.
Fun Fact: He doesn’t know how to whistle.
Check this out: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSfC17UH/
10. Preston ( over 36.5 million following )Preston aka PrestonPlayz aka TBNRfrags is a trailblazer in the YouTube gaming culture and a young, video streaming phenom. Starting to create fan-worthy content at just fourteen years old, Preston has since become one of the most popular and recognizable faces of YouTube. With 4 YouTube channels that draw close to 300 million viewers per month, this guy’s gone way beyond gaming. Preston’s family-friendly, age appropriate approach entertains the younger crowd and sets their parents at ease; and still he goes above and beyond the games. Preston has national partnerships with Hot Pockets, OnePlus, TeamEnvy and EA. His high-energy, personable and obviously incredible gaming skills have helped solidify him as one of hottest influencers in the Minecraft, Fortnite, Call of Duty era, and he has no plans to slow down any time soon. Preston is a newcomer to the Forbes list with a networth of $14 million in 2019. A native Texan, family-first guy could be just the right partner to boost your brand.
Fun Fact: He hates the color pink.