17 Tips to Start Your New Year Off Right/
If we want to wrap up 2024 cheerfully, having noticed that our world has changed and became a better one, we should start new year off right, because what we are tomorrow depends on what we chose for today.
Whether you have already done your resolutions’ list or not, our tips can make a difference in your day-to-day life and have a positive impact on you.
The tips are divided into 3 categories: 1) you (body, mind and soul); 2) your business; 3) your network.
We are all mind, body, and soul. If we pay attention only to body, but neglect the mind or the soul, we are not likely to live a full life.
This is why it is important to include activities dedicated to all the aspects of our lives into your schedule.
While some of the bullet points may seem unimportant at first thought, you could probably find them relevant if you give them a chance. Resolutions are not only worth pursuing if they are grand, daring and life-changing: sometimes we just need little things to make a big change.
For Your Body
1. Schedule All Doctor and Dentist Appointments for the YearThere may be some health issues that we consider not urgent and we never find a minute to schedule an appointment, so it is easier to just schedule all the appointments for the year ahead if possible so that we know that our health is taken care of.
2. Take a Dance or Fitness ClassSchedule classes that you enjoy to cheer your mind and body! They will surely return the favor.
3. Savor Your SleepMore meaningful and restful sleep will help you to stay focused and energized throughout the year. There is one simple thing that is essential if your sleep is nowhere near the ideal: try to stick to the circadian rhythm. It will do most of the job.
For Your Mind
4. Try a New Thing Every MonthEveryone knows about the importance of new neural connections that appear when we do something in a way that is new to us. If we want to succeed, we should try something that seems extraordinary for us as of today.
It does not mean that if we want better results in business, we should only try something new in the sphere. Sometimes we just need the inspiration and change of mindset that happens when we let ourselves be open to new experience.
So, strive to get out of your comfort zone at least once a week. What can it be? It doesn't matter that much. Learning a new language or skydiving, seeing shadow theatre or getting inside a bubble, sending a handwritten letter or just changing the road we take to the office and eating with the «wrong» hand.
5. Balance Work and PlayExperts say that goals are achieved not by those who just deliver, but by those who work hard and find time for rest and change of occupation. It may go unnoticed but having some time just for yourself will allow you to be happier and make others happier in the end.
Schedule time on your calendar where you just do something pleasant or even do nothing.
While work is your strong point, we are always here to help you play.
6. Practice GratitudeIf we take a life inventory and make a list of things which we are grateful for, we will see how amazing our life is already. Noticing all the little things that make us smile will make a huge change in our life perception. Sharpening our senses will make us feel better.
It is always a good idea to list 10 things we are grateful for every evening before going to bed.
7. Write a Goal ListYou can make a 100 life-goal list, including everything that comes to your mind, and then write down your top 10-12 goals for this year. It will help to focus if you post them somewhere you can often see them.
For Your Soul
8. Do Random Acts of KindnessEven if we decide to be kind and gentle, we may fail as soon as someone steps on our foot. It is not so terrible. We can deliberately do acts of kindness in order to bring happiness to other people’s lives. Doing something like volunteering, donating to charity or even saying a compliment or helping an old woman cross the road without expecting anything in return creates good not only for others, but also for us.
9. Increase Your Thoughts AwarenessWhat leaves your mouth matters: it is something that reflects your personality, your thoughts, your worries, your relationship with others.
If you want to become more mindful, try to record everything you say from time to time. You can even go through a challenge of recording your voice an hour each day for at least a month. Words have power! Does your power correspond to your vision? If yes, congratulations! If no, look for solutions and possibilities. Holding yourself to a higher standard in your choice of language is the key to bettering yourself.
10. Schedule a Regular Date With Your SpouseThe atmosphere in a family depends on our relationship with the partner. A good way to find time to share thoughts and to bring back romance is scheduling appointments with your spouse. A dance night out, theatre or sailing on a boat - everything that you both like counts.
11. Schedule Family TimeSet up a schedule that is devoted only to your family.
If we are passionate about what we do, we work so much that sometimes there is not much time left for the family. However, most people regret not giving enough attention to the nearest and dearest when they look back at their lives. So why not prevent all these regrets?
Playing a game with kids or reading aloud, going to get ice cream or teaching them to paint, just hanging out listening to your spouse and children – here are just some of the ideas.
It is also great to schedule some time to have a chat with your mom, brothers and sisters on the phone or to meet in person, whatever is possible.
12. Sign up for a Birthday Reminder ServiceIt's a simple tiny thing but sometimes we forget to keep in touch with our relatives or friends. Congratulations on a birthday despite the fact that the person does not have his or her birthday on Facebook says «you matter to me».
Sometimes saying hi on a birthday is the only way to reconnect with old friends and distant relatives. Do not miss the chance! And, of course, use other days to catch up.
13. Create Environment for Your SuccessTry to communicate more with those people who believe in you, who sincerely like you and after chat with whom you feel optimistic and motivated.
We are all influenced — negatively and positively — by things and people around us. So try to eliminate negative influence and to encourage being surrounded by people and things that help you to succeed.